Regional Directorate of State Forests in Wroclaw, Poland
He is a graduate of the University of Agriculture in Wrocław – Faculty of Water Reclamation and Wrocław University of Technology – post-graduate study of industrial archeology.
Working professionally in the investment supervision of ODGW, RZGW in Wrocław he supervised the renovation of the most important hydrotechnical constructions: weirs, locks and water reservoirs of Odra and its basin. He is one of the founders and a long-term vice president of the Open Museum of Technology Foundation, also a member of the Lower Silesian Ecological Club.
He works as a senior water management specialist in the Regional Directorate of State Forests in Wrocław – he oversees various retention facilities and helps forest inspectorates to solve any problems of broadly understood water management. He is the coordinator of the projects: “small retention”: “lowland” and “mountain” Operational Program Infrastructure and Environment 2007-2013 and 2014-2022 in the area of RDSF in Wrocław (Lower Silesia Voivodship). He co-founded the governmental “Program for the Odra 2006” and supervised the implementation of its Forestry Component on behalf of the General Directorate of State Forests (Directorate: Lower Silesia, Katowice, Zielona Góra, Poznań, Łódź and Szczecin).
Acting as a councilor of the Wrocław City Council for the first term, as the Vice Chairman of the Environmental Protection Committee, he led the Session of the Council dedicated to the Odra river and, consequently, the long-term reconstruction of the most damaged walls of weirs and locks of the Old Town, before the flood of 1997.
He is the author (or co-author) of many diverse projects, e.g.
• 100 ha Millennium Park (Millennium) on the Ślęza River in Wrocław – with two large water reservoirs (in a cooperation with Prof. Alina Drapella – Hermansdorfer, Dr. Paweł Ogielski and Teresa Lorenz), 2000.
• Rainwater distribution system (microretention) at the “Błękitne” housing estate in Siechnice near Wrocław as part of the Housing Estate Project based on the assumptions of the Dutch police experience “Safe Space” (with arch. Paweł Ogielski), 2005.
• “Atlas of water-engineering monuments of the Odra Waterway” (with Leszek Budych and Dr. Stanisław Januszewski), 2002.
• Study of the Wrocław Water Tram (WTW), 2005.
He is the author of numerous scientific publications, presentations and conference presentations, interviews in the “media” – popularizing proper water management at every stage of its circulation in the hydrological cycle.
He was awarded for his activity
• the silver badge “For merits in combating the flood” by the Minister of Environmental Protection, Natural Resources and Forestry (1997);
• the gold badge “For the protection of monuments” by the Minister of Culture and National Heritage (2018);
• Honorary Badge “Zasłużony dla Województwa Dolnośląskiego” by the Marshal of Lower Silesia (2018);
• Distinction “Meritorious for the National Secretariat of Natural Resources for Environmental Protection and Forestry” NSZZ “Solidarność” by the Chairman of NSZZ “Solidarność” (2013).
He is a supporter of all retention. Initiator of stormwater retention projects in the city of Wroclaw.